DRIVER CPC (CERTIFICATE OF PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE)
WHAT IS DRIVER CPC?
Driver CPC is short for “Driver Certificate of Professional Competence”. The EU passed the Driver CPC EU Directive in 2003. This affects all professional LGV and PCV drivers. For new drivers it introduces a new initial qualification, the Driver CPC, which increases the level of knowledge that drivers need before they can drive.
All drivers, new and existing, now have to undertake 35 hours of training every five years to ensure that their Driver CPC remains valid. This is known as Periodic Training.
Periodic Training is designed to confirm, and expand on, the existing knowledge and skills of each driver to ensure that they continue to be safe, courteous and fuel-efficient drivers.
This will also enable drivers to keep up-to-date with ever changing regulations and to benefit from training throughout their whole career.
WHEN DID DRIVER CPC COME INTO EFFECT?
- For bus and coach drivers 10 September 2008
- For lorry; and Van drivers (over 3.5 tons) 10 September 2009
WILL DRIVERS BE ABLE TO
DRIVER CPC QUALIFICATION?
The simple answer is "No", unless drivers are covered by one of the exemptions, see “Are my Drivers Affected”.
PERIODIC TRAINING COSTS
Our courses are competively priced with significant savings for those booking a 5 day (35 hour) course, to complete their renewal requirements in a one week block.
There are also further discounts for Group Bookings and for Organisations booking more than 50 driver days of training at one time. Costs include the fee for registering all training provided on the national Driver CPC Recording and Evidencing Database. Please call or email us for details of discounts available.
Driver CPC Training Courses
- 5 day Complete Driver CPC Course
- 5 day Complete Driver CPC Course Saturdays Only
- 5 day Complete Driver CPC Course Sundays Only
- Eco Safe Driving **COMING SOON**
- Fire Safety Awareness and Vehicle Safety Checks/Hazard Awareness
- Reversing Vehicles and Working Time/Drivers Hours
- Customer Care and Coping at the Sharp End
- Emergency Treatment and Manual Handling
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Winter Service - Unit 080 : Health and Safety
- Greener City Driving
- Congestion Busting
- Reversing Vehicles and Manual Handling
- TFL Safe Urban Driving
Driver CPC Training Courses on Requirement
- Passenger Safety for Passenger Transport
- Saving Fuel and Driving Safely
- TFL Safer City Driving
- TFL Safe London Driving
- TFL Greener City Driving
- TFL Congestion Busting
Check your periodic training has been recorded at direct.gov.uk/checkdrivercpc.